Pages

March 1, 2010

mama's got a brand new bag....

One of my nice bloggy friends that has a great blog about life in the city (NY), has tagged me for an interesting post about what is carried around in handbags...you can check out Frances' blog here.
Thank you so much Frances for giving me this chance to actually blog from computer and not from i-phone...AND clean out my bags while I am at it! LOL

...and now...the moment you have all been waiting for...
my bags!
That is one of my latest favorite bags that I use on my day offs. It is one of Porter Japan's new line of bags for us gals who like their bags cute but sturdy (Porter Girls) click here for their website, in Japanese...)

Usually in this bag there will be my Muji ( for more on Muji check out this) mini bag that holds all of the stuff that becomes my face...ie; concealer, mascara, lip stick, blush...etc.)

My Paul Smith wallet (also rather new to commemorate my new job...)
and finally, my Franklin Covey scheduler....that looks sturdy but is actually falling apart...LOL


Then I have my bags for work....
Yep...two.
One holds things that I need to pull out really quickly like catalogues, my train pass and name card holder. I also include a bag that zips up and is see through so that I can see the "innards" at first glance:
The "innards" are: funky looking paper clips, mini-mini clothespins (that I use like paper clips), my "hanko" (rubber stamp that we use in Japan like signatures), stickers, thank you cards, scissors, stapler etc...
This bag is also from Muji and is reaaaaalllyyy nice because the zipper is very sturdy and slides real easy.

Wow...this is kinda making me look organized....which is not as true as I would hope for it to be...YET!

I often find myself fumbling for my name card holder...and digging around in that little suitcase with wheels that carries all of the books that I want to show my clients. It can be rather embarrassing and I have had a good laugh with some people about it too.

I will be taking those two bags to work tomorrow too since we will be headed to the northern part of Kyushu.

AND NOW....for something completely different...and random....

I was at the local Seven-Eleven today and found a most interesting bottle of soda... I didn't really want to drink it but how can I call myself courageous, adventurous and curious...if I passed up this chance to have a swig of...CHOCOLATE SPARKLING (soda not alcohol)!!!



sweet dreams...



6 comments:

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Lovin' your bags! This Ozark farm chick is findin' it quite interesting the fact that Chocolate sparkling is even made. Heck, I'll try anything chocolate! Just curious here....

God bless and have a fantastic day from the hills and hollers of the Missouri Ponderosa!!!

Frances said...

Tulsa, thank you so much for accepting the tag. (If you want to toss it on to others, please do feel that freedom.)

I knew that your bag would be interesting! Muji is such a fablulous company, devoted to keeping us organized. They have some shops in NYC, but I first found their wonderful designs in the shop at the Museum of Modern Art.

I am also very intrigued by hanko.

Your describing your additional baggage does make me reveal the "portable safe" that I drag back and forth to the shop on each working day. It is an oilskin Liberty tote bought years ago in Oxford. I love its weatherproof surface, and also that the print on its outside reminds me of trips to the UK. Inside are lots of shop files, and other heavy bits that I think I might need daily at home and at work. Am I foolish in these thoughts?

xo

Chiara Ulivi said...

Hi Tulsa! so nice to snoop into girls' bags!!! they're so full of curious and lovely things!
kisses, chiara

Lori ann said...

Fun post! i love being organized too, although my daughters call me uptight. I just think better when i know where things are!
i'm interested in Muji, i have to go look at that link now.

Unknown said...

This is fun! I definitely need one of those transparent bags!

I_am_Tulsa said...

Nezzy, thank you!!! The chocolate sparkling smelled real nice but I doubt I will ever buy it again!!! LOL

Frances, i find that the days that I bring stuff home to work on, I never do it! and then when I leave something in the office it's like....Aaaaaargh! i should have brought it home. I'm thinking work should stay at the office...

Chiara.u, please let me know what's in your bag!!!!

Lori, I know how irritating it can be to look for stuff but I tend to be like a squirrel... I pack things up real nice but then forget where i put them!

B, the transparent bags are really nice for a whole lot of different things! Some hold my bank books, others I have cards and stationery others are just pens...etc!