Pages

June 24, 2009

5 favorite meme


Jelica over at Budapest Bits has tagged me with my very first meme!
(You can see her very interesting favorites by clicking
here.)

I am supposed to list 5 of my favorite things for the following 5 different topics...so here it goes!

✐5 favorite songs
■Dream On by Aerosmith
■Madeleine Bas-de-laine by Tete
■Dejame Entrar by Carlos Vives
■Eyala by Richard Bona
Koishikute by Begin (A Japanese band from Okinawa)


(choosing 5 favorite songs was the hardest for me...I could choose at least 5 songs for every country, I have so many favorite artists and songs! )

✐5 favorite movies
Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain
■Lord of the Rings trilogy
Hotel Hibiscus ( a Japanese movie about a little girl and her interesting family set in Okinawa)
The Great Dictator
Stat Wars


(Star Wars was my first favorite as a kid so that will probably stay on the list forever. Amélie has been a favorite ever since it's release too. I love a lot of Charlie Chaplin movies, so tomorrow I might want to choose Modern Times instead...but Chaplin will forever be on my list. I was really tempted to include Woody Allen's Deconstructing Harry...and then there are all the Ghibli movies...oh well...)


✐5 favorite books
■Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett (ever since I read it a couple of years ago)
■The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien (ever since the 6th grade)
■Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck (the move from Oklahoma to California overlaps with my own history...of course, totally different times and circumstances but still....)
■Mrs Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert C O'Brien (ever since the 4th grade)
■Opposite of Faith by Amy Tan (her autobiography made me laugh so hard...)


(gosh, this was hard too...)


✐5 favorite crushes
■Keanue Reeves (I even went to his band's concert 3 times...the band Dogstar...I don't know what
happened to them though....)
■James Dean
■Denzel Washington
■David Boreanaza (from Buffy, Angel and most recently, the tv series Bones...)
■Jensen Ackles (from the tv series Supernatural)


(These guys are all so cool.)


✐5 favorite random things
strawberries
■mashed potatoes
tatami
■the smell, texture and sound of a hardcover book
■bubble wrap (I love popping bubble wrap....)




I think I am supposed to tag 5 people, am I supposed to tag 5 people?
If I'm not supposed to tag...well, these people have great blogs so check them out regardless of this meme!...


Lola at http://agliooliopeperoncino.blogspot.com
Dee at http://lucyslounge-dee.blogspot.com/
Alaine at http://coccinella-ladybug.blogspot.com/
Carol at http://thewritersporch.blogspot.com
Frances at http://cityviewscountrydreams.blogspot.com/

19 comments:

Carol Murdock said...

Tulsa...good answers! Give me a few days so my
"toe throbbing" gets better? In the meantime I'll study on it!

I LOVE popping bubble wrap too!

Jelica said...

I watched Amelie in French, with Hungarian subtitles and since my French was very poor at the time I admit I didn't get much of the film--but I enjoyed the soundtrack a lot.

Good Omens--I must have reread it at least 4 times. It's such an intelligent and funny book. Love it!

Kristina said...

I love Amélie and Tolkien, both books and films. Oh, and the rats of NIMH!! I've read that book so many times, it's wonderful!

Frances said...

Oh, I am quite honored to have been tagged, and do promise to put up a post and pass this on ... well let me hope it's within a few days.

Your posts is so intriguing. How wonderful to be able to cross the Pacific Ocean and find a connection.

Best wishes!

julochka said...

i had trouble with these as well--because five is so limiting and anytime you pick films/songs or even crushes, it's a momentary thing isn't it? if you asked me again tomorrow, the answers would be different.

that said, they're fun too. and now i'm wishing i'd put Angel on my list of crushes too. :-) but i do like him best as that character. i'm not so fond of Bones.

I_am_Tulsa said...

Carol, I am looking forward to your answers!!!
Bubble Wrap lovers of the world unite here! ;-)

Jelica, you liked Good Omens too!!
I love the interior design and clothes and all the colors and scenery in Amelie! thank you for tagging me!

Kristina, hurray for the Lord of the Rings fans!
Rats of NIMH is a book that has really stuck to me thanks to my elementary school teacher!

Frances, thank you! Take your time, these things are pretty hard! lol
Isn't it grand?! all the overseas info and connections we get to make!

Julochka, aaah, Angel, my first crush on a vampire...lol
That wouldn't change, but I must admit that these things could change so easily...it is another piece of "evidence" that all things are transient!

Unknown said...

Oh, yes! I loved Amelie even more when I watched again not long ago!
And Angel, yes, what a crush I had on him when he was doing Buffy...

I_am_Tulsa said...

B! You too!?! Wow, we are all so alike it's funny and neat at the same time!

Lori ann said...

This was alot of fun to read. It's always so interesting to me to see how alike we are everywhere, and then our differences just make it that much more interesting.
great post Tulsa!

Lucys Lounge said...

thanks again for tagging me iwill poat on friday thanks d

I_am_Tulsa said...

Thank you Lori! I love all the comments I am getting because of the exact same reason!

Dee, thank you! looking forward to seeing your post!

Chiara Ulivi said...

well, maybe I'm old, but my favourite vampire was (and is right now) Gary Oldman in BRAM'S STOKER DRACULA!! About the films... I completely agree with your choice... I do love Tolkien (elves are my second soul!) and Amelie and Star Wars and Chaplin... the only one is of course Hotel Hibiscus.. I don't know it!!
Anyway I agree with Julochka, 5 is absolutely limiting! Have a nice nice day!
BTW the hour in Japan can't see the same of mine! But I read 9.56am and here in turin is just 9.56am! ... lol

Polly said...

I love Amelie too! But other than that I'm surprised your list is so different to mine, I still think we would get on really well despite different tastes in men and films :-) and I agree with Julochka, they are favourites of the moment, really, aren't they

I_am_Tulsa said...

Chiara.u, what?! the clock changes time???? oh dear, I'll have to find out how to fix this.... I love Gary Oldman as an actor but I didn't have a crush on him as Dracula (you are not THAT old dear!)...obviously my crush was on the rather pathetic role that Keanu Reeves played!

Polly, It's wonderful to find differences too! I wonder what i would choose one month or one year from now!

I_am_Tulsa said...

right now I am having a hard time to focus...I woke up at the sound of a news report my husband rushed in to tell me...Michael Jackson, my very first crush, the singer of my very first favorite song, favorite album, favorite concert, favorite album even favorite movie (he was a wonderful scarecrow...) has been sent to the hospital. I am hoping that reports of his death are not true...

Frances said...

Hello again Tulsa!

I have posted my fab five, and tagged five of my favorites.

xo

Leigh Russell said...

Hi Tulsa
Thank you for your support on the Writers' Chronicle for my new book. Cut Short is the first in a new series of British crime thrillers. I hope you can get hold of it soon - it's readily available now in the UK and getting good reviews, but not on amazon.com or amazon in Japan until the beginning of August.
Please check out my blog leighrussell.blogspot.com and my publisher's website www.noexit.co.uk and feel free to email me leighrussell2009@live.co.uk if you'd like a personalised message and scanned signature to stick in your copy of Cut Short - a virtual book signing! Take care out there. Japan sounds like a long way off but I'm sure it's a very exciting place to live.

Lucys Lounge said...

hi tulsa i have not done my tag yet but i will with the next post. its hard to do i like so many things. please don't think i'm being ungreatful. i WILL DO IT. I'm just slow. thank you again

I_am_Tulsa said...

Leigh, I will be ordering your book, thank you for the reminder!
and thank you for stopping by!

Dee, NO WORRIES, it's not a high school assignment, you will not be graded ;-) I am just curious to know what your lists would look like because I love your taste in fashion!