Pages

May 11, 2009

a whirlwind of a week it has been and what is coming up next on The Art of Living in Japan

See what I am dealing with at home?  Golden Week wasn't so "golden" since I got to work (that's not the bad part...really, I'm not being sarcastic).  The Mr of the house was at home most of the time and well, that means bigger mess, less cleaning up... and of course there is "that room" with my stacks of books that just won't squeeeeeeze into my bookshelves.  Darn!

Most of the books in the above picture have not been read yet...
half of which are proof copies I received last year when I was still in the book selling biz.

I am open to any suggestions, besides those that have to do with getting rid of the books ;-)

Oh, and uh...

♥Happy Mothers Day!
My excuse for not blogging very well is...5 days of work, one day off and another 5 days of work...

Please let that be a good excuse for not talking about Children's day on May 5th.
That is what that big yellow fish made of organically dyed cloth is for... oh, the mystery...
I'll try to explain this later... I promise.

Through all "the busy" I did visit a museum.  Can you guess what kind?

And I read two Japanese books in a row.  Something I hardly ever do.
Will talk about these books soon as well.  

6 comments:

June Saville said...

A whirlwind of a week certainly. At least it all seems to have had something to do with books and culture.

Delwyn said...

Hi Tulsa
I thought it must have been work induced absence from the blog...

Sure is a stack of unread books there...I like to have some virgin books too - it makes me feel very safe and comfortable - I know I'll never be left high and dry with nought to read...

Happy reading days ahead...

Jelica said...

That's a serious pile of books you plan to tackle! I'm curious to see what you have in there :)

Glad that the whirlwind is over and you're back to blog.

Polly said...

I wouldn't even dream of telling you to get rid of those books! The more books, the better the room looks, that's my theory. And that's regardless of whether they're in stacks or on shelves.

I am curious about those Japanese books you read. Especially that one with piano on the cover...

Unknown said...

No, I would never tell you to get rid of them! What kind of books do you have in the piles?
You sound busy but happy! :)

I_am_Tulsa said...

June, yes it does seem like I have been able to surround myself with some culture. It makes being busy easier!

Delwyn, why does it make us feel safer? So weird but so true!

Jelica! I am glad that you are out and about too!

Polly and B! I am glad to hear it is ok to hang on to all these books (and more that would never fit into one picture).

Please feel free to check out my shelfari list at
http://www.shelfari.com/tulsasbooks/shelf